Saturday, March 10, 2012

How do I get "mymovies" to connect to the server?

I installed the "mymovies" service on my computer but it is asking for a server. And I have no clue what the server is. Any help would be wonderful!How do I get "mymovies" to connect to the server?
Did you install My Movies Collection Management software on the client PC? (It needs to be on the server and on each Client PC.)



First share the folder on your server where your movies are stored. Second try to connect to your server from the client pc. Click run type \\yourservername\yourmovieshare and press enter. Does it bring up the share? does it ask for a user name and password? If it does you don't have them the same. If you connect ok then you have sharing set up ok. Also in the collection manager window when it askes for the server DO NOT add \\ to the server name. \\server = wrong. Just type server. Hope this helps.



Make sure the MM database folder is shared also.

No comments:

Post a Comment