Saturday, March 10, 2012

How many of you actually bought a cake server and toasting flutes for your wedding?

Iv seen a few people on here and they all seem to be buying the cake server/knife and toasting flutes and getting them engraved etc. My reception provides all this and i wont use it again so i didnt even think of buying it. Im just wondering how common it is to buy them and what your reasons for or against buying them are.How many of you actually bought a cake server and toasting flutes for your wedding?
Nope, it made no sense to. Used glassware from the hotel.
We didn't. What a waste. Then what do you do with them? Throw them in a drawer somewhere and never use it again. Don't bother.How many of you actually bought a cake server and toasting flutes for your wedding?
I didn't but my mother in law did buy toasting flutes for us as a present
i was married before.. searched all over for the right ones.. this time.. i've found them.. the flutes, but not sure of the servers.. we are having a little cheesecake, and then single serving cakes on the side. not really needed, might just bypass the special servers. (my ex.. i think he used mine later to change the oil in the car. lol i know he trashed them doing some such rot! lol )How many of you actually bought a cake server and toasting flutes for your wedding?
I had the drinking flutes given to me as an engagement gift. They weren't my style, but I used them anyways because the person who gave them to us was going to be at the wedding. We bought the cake server set from Wal-Mart because our site didn't provide anything and they were cute and not that expensive. I didn't get them engraved, and i ended up giving them away after the wedding.
We didn't buy them, but they were given to me as gifts at the bridal shower.
I bought them but I kept it cheap. I liked the idea of having them for memories and using them when and if I ever wanted to. I didn't want to put too much money into them because of that though. They were just kept for memory sake. I also though didn't get them engraved since they were the cheaper options.
I am, i brought a cake kinife not a server but just a nice knife i decorated and got engraved as well and also my MIL brought us these really nice flutes for us to use.



But what i am wanting to do is after the wedding take all of the stuff from the wedding like the knife, flutes, invites and menus, and also my boquet and put them all in a deep shadow box and make it like a little display and put it in my lounge room
I got a really nice cake server at Big Lots for about $5.00 (silver, engraved with a pretty scroll)

and my aunt gave us a set of toasting flukes.
Lots of people blow money. My sister had toasting flutes that were unremarkable. They used them every anniversary (divorced after 7 years, so into the trash they went).



We have 40 medieval goblets and tankards for my reception (yeah, some would fall into fairy/fantasy, but that's ok. The dragon ones are spectacular). It will look great! No, I didn't buy them special for the wedding. They are a combination of my collection, my sisters' collection and my soon-to-be SILs collection.



I see no reason to buy some specialized cake server. Just buy something at Kohls and add a ribbon to it if you don't have something already.
we got server/knife and the engravement for free when we registered at macy's. but they are useless now because we changed our wedding date!! but i wouldn't waste money on em!
I got a knife, had it engraved. I use it for special cake cutting occasions, like my children's b-days. It's not too fancy. I put a nice ribbon/bow on it for the wedding.
I bought both the cake server set and the toasting flutes. Both things are now sitting in a box in my parents' basement. I really think the cake server set was a waste but I loved my toasting flutes. They looked pretty in pictures.
Our bridal party gave us a gorgeous knife and cake server for our wedding day. They had it engraved and all. My parents gave us bride and groom champagne flutes which we used. We wouldn't have bothered buying our own. I think they are a beautiful keepsake though.
I bought my toasting glasses for $2 each at Garden Ridge. I planned to have them engraved but found out it would cost more to engrave them than what I paid for them so I didn't have it done. My cake knife and server were like $5. I bought them because I'm the sentimental type who would like to be able to pull them out at anniversaries or whenever I feel like it. If I had just rented, I wouldn't be able to do that. Also, my mom made my cake and we had to rent all our china so I would've had to pay for them anyway--they weren't provided.
I bought my own cake knife/server %26amp; champagne glasses. I had my champagne glasses engraved with our names, a heart symbol %26amp; our wedding date. I plan to use them again like at our 50th anniversary party.
The reason we did not buy that stuff is because I dont like keepsake or engraved items. Just not my style. Of course we have champagne flutes for parties at our home, but I dont get the point in buying two different ones. We just used what our venue had on hand.
We didn't buy them. Just more stuff to clutter up our home with, that we'll never use. I'm not particularly sentimental, if you couldn't tell.
Our flutes were gifted to us. We still enjoy drinking from them today - it's particularly special on our anniversary or Valentines Day. Register a set and perhaps you will get them as a shower gift.



Cheers,

Wendy

http://www.spectacularfavors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment