Saturday, March 10, 2012

How to create a minecraft server just for two people?

I want to make a Minecraft town with just my friend so I guess I have to make my own server? I have no idea how to go about it and all the guides I've read make no sense to me.. like what on earth is port forwarding? Can anyone explain to me how to do this, in simple terms? Or should I give up? I have a PC, he has a Mac, either one of us can make the server.How to create a minecraft server just for two people?
port forwarding is going into your router and setting it up however having your own server usually costs money and if you want it to just be for you two then you just dont give out the IP address for it if you want however i may be able to get you guys onto mine all we do is build my email address is fitty61@yahoo.com ill talk to my admin although i doubt he will have a problem with it.... if you want me to talk to him just choose me as best answerHow to create a minecraft server just for two people?
under your server text file "you will have 2 of them" theres one that you can open with notepad and 1 you cant, for the one you cant right click and put open with notpad there will be some things you can change, it will say max players some where in the few lines of text it will say 20 if un changed. change the max players to 2 instead of 20 hopefully this helped

contact me or skype me or anything ill get your server runningHow to create a minecraft server just for two people?
Make sure you only give him/her the IP, and white list it if you think other people might find your server. It happened to my bro and I before, and the server quickly became more than just us, so he made two servers and left one open for us and one open for him and his friends.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.
    Minecraft Server

    ReplyDelete