Saturday, March 10, 2012

What are some minecraft mods that would be really be helpful when owning a server?

Just wanting to know what mods would be good to have on my server. I went into some servers to see how they ran. There is a mod where you can't touch what other people have made and what not. And I'm curious what mod let's the op's fly. Btw I have 1.8.1 Ty for your time. Oh and I am new to owning my server if that helps as wellWhat are some minecraft mods that would be really be helpful when owning a server?
Well there is a great number of modifications out there for minecraft. You could go to minecraftwiki.net and under the "Servers and Development" section you can fine mods there. I will link you to a mod site that I found and I heard some friends talk about some of these mods.



The link is: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mods#Mod_List_2



Under 4) Server Mods, there is a section 4.1 Mod list. Click on that and you can view the hundreds of mods that work with Minecraft... just make sure that the mod is compatible with the version of MC that you are running.My friends talked about using Bukkit as their new mod, although I do not know if it specifically supports op's fly.



My best advice would be to get yourself a World backup tool such as MC Backup Assistant

(found here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Programs_and_editors)

and install mods/programs to see what they do. If you do not like the effects of a mod/program, you can always reset the server and delete the mod. I hope this helps you out.
  • xbox 360
  • merchants tire
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment