Saturday, March 10, 2012

How do I find Out what domains no longer resolve to my server?

Hi



I have my own server and I know full well some domains have either expired or moved and no longer resolve



How can I find out what domains on the server are redundent. Is there a script that does this



derekHow do I find Out what domains no longer resolve to my server?
No, since there's probably at least one address added every second of every day, no computer would be able to keep a list of every single address that's no longer working. (And some of them are only temporarily not resolving. When they come back online they'll start resolving again.)



If you're maintaining a DNS server, pruning is automatic - as addresses die they're pruned off, as addresses come online they're added.

No comments:

Post a Comment