Saturday, March 10, 2012

How to install Python library on web hosting server?

I need to use a Python library that is not available on my web hosting server. What is the probable procedure to get it to work? Put the necessary files in my cgi-bin? Ask the host to install it globally or only for me? Your help is greatly appreciated.How to install Python library on web hosting server?
Please talk to the Web host administrator to set up the Python interpreter for u :)How to install Python library on web hosting server?
So assumably you already have Python installed if you want to use a Python library.

I've asked my provider (Webfaction) in the past to install a Python library and they responded to just install it myself locally.

I think they are worried about introducing libraries with security flaws.



Is your Python library pure python? Then it is very to install because you just copy the files to your local server. If it has a C backing then you will need gcc to compile.



If you install the library in the folder where you import it then there's nothing more to do. Or if you install it elsewhere you need to add that folder to your Python path.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.
    domeinnamen

    ReplyDelete