Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When I set up a game server behind a router do I need the router IP for others to connect?

I basicly have a quake3 server set up and want others to connect. The port is forwarded to the router. What IP do I give others to connect to it. The router IP. Is that the gateway IP?When I set up a game server behind a router do I need the router IP for others to connect?
Yes you need to provide the routers IP, but you also need to setup port forwarding so they can see the gaming server as well.



The Gateway and IP address are different, you will be able to see the IP address from the routers admin consoleWhen I set up a game server behind a router do I need the router IP for others to connect?
For people in the "outside world" to connect, you have to give them your public IP, which can be found at:

www.whatismyip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment