Saturday, February 25, 2012

What type of server should I have to run a community based website?

I'm starting a new website that is similar in set-up to a dating site. Instead of dealing with web hosting, I was going to but my own equipment. I'm going to be using drupal to design the site. What server do I need and with what kind of ram and disk space? Thanks!What type of server should I have to run a community based website?
First, good for you, jumping in and wanting to be a developer and host your own site!



For developing and testing you really don鈥檛 need a server. I would stick with well known hardware like HP or a dell workstation with 2gig of ram and a modern processor of course. Duel core should be fine. If you have the extra money get a work station that offers RAID.



If you really want to invest in a server HP ML150 servers are good starting servers for a reasonable price. They offer globs of memory upgrades, hot swappable RAID drives and can be purchased with 3 year warranties. A ML150 with RAID, 4 hard drives and 2 gig of RAM might set you back about $2500.



About the OS, I would choose Linux and here鈥檚 why.

Apache web server and MySql are free and developers use PHP often for web development. So install the latest version of Ubuntu Server with LAMP.



This will give you a working Web hosting server. Of course you need to configure Apache to serve up your website, so there is time and work involved.



Wouldn鈥檛 it just be easier to use a hosting service like GoDaddy? They have all the goodies you need for about $5.00 a month.What type of server should I have to run a community based website?
Sir,



For community based website You must buy a dedicated server, because you need a large bandwidth requirement and space. Please don't use shared web hosting plan and free hosting plan. If you choose shared hosting plan, The sever administrator will remove the files which consume large space. So be careful of them.



I am suggesting you hostgator.com. They have reasonable dedicated server plans. Also I am providing you with hostgator discount coupon. please make use of any one of this



Just go to hostgator.com or click on the following source link

Signup with any of the following discount coupon



9.94 Discount: "hostgatordiscount944"

25% Discount: "hostgatordiscount250"



To have more help please mail me

No comments:

Post a Comment