Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do I connect to a port forwarded server?

I have a Port Forward set up for port 3784. What is the IP that is used to connect to the server? I want to create a Garrys Mod Dedicated server on my old crappy computer, and im not sure how to get my server exposed to the internet.How do I connect to a port forwarded server?
You can find your external IP on www.whatismyip.com. As said above, you'll have to have a static IP for this matter. The way to do port forwarding, on the modem you'll have to set-up a forwarding of UDP traffic to whatever port is used to your machine (check the local IP of this machine, and set it to static too)How do I connect to a port forwarded server?
Simple

#1 ensure that you have a static IP as supplied by the ISP

#2 launch your browser

#3 key in the ip in the address bar

#4 you may need to include the port number but it should not be needed

#5 if the port number is required you are configured wrong

#6 So the address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for IPv4

#7 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for IPv6

No comments:

Post a Comment