Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How much should I charge to organize someones server?

I am a web designer and a company has asked me to inventory and organize the files on their server, They have about four on site servers that are shared with everyone they are more of shared drives than web servers. I have done content inventories for websites before but never had a job like this. If anyone can tell me what the competitive rate is for a job like this I would appreciate it.How much should I charge to organize someones server?
According to the information I found on several sites offering jobs for people with your expertise, the annual salaries ranged from a low of $44,000 to a high of $70,000. These were City sites such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Durham, N.C. Apparently your skills are worth quite a bit. I suggest you figure out how long the job will take, and then calculate your charges based on a median somewhere between the figures mentioned above. Don't sell yourself short.

No comments:

Post a Comment