Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the best print server to use for windows server?

I have a laser printer that I want to connect to our server to make it so everybody can print to it from Terminal Services. I have looked at several print servers made by linksys, d-link, etc but everyone says they have problems with setup. Can anyone suggest a good, reliable print server? Thanks!What is the best print server to use for windows server?
Without knowing the model of printer you are using, I would suggest trying to determine if the printer has an internal print server add-on you can buy. In the world of HP printers, these are usually branded as JetDirect print servers. They do cost more, but in my experience these work the best and have the fastest throughput. I haven't found the print servers you mention to be difficult to set up; the problem with them is they sometimes lock up and they may limit print speed on larger print jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment